VSee download and installation instructions for Mac computers using the Safari browser.
If your host is using our VSee platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. VSee only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install VSee when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test VSee).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install VSee" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download VSee from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install VSee" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download VSee" button in the lower right-hand corner.
3. In the upper right-hand corner of your Safari window, the download icon will turn into a blue progress bar, and then turn into a downward-facing arrow when the download has been completed. Click on the arrow icon when this happens, and double-click on "vseemac.dmg" to open it.
4. Once you click on vseemac.dmg, it should quickly unarchive the file.
5. A disk image of the installation should appear in the same folder you downloaded the file to (in this example, it is the Desktop). Once it has finished downloading, it will open automatically.
6. In the installation window that appears, click on the VSee icon and then drag it to the Applications icon on its right and drop it.
7. Double-click on the Applications icon to open your Applications folder, and check to make sure that the VSee file is there.
8. If you get this message after you double-click on VSee in the Applications folder. Make sure you click "Open"
9. Go back to Safari to launch the video app.
- If you are an account holder, click "Connect"
- If you are a participant, click "Enter Waiting Room"
10. Safari will ask if you want to allow VSee to open. Make sure you click "Allow"
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on June 29, 2017.