Stored Recording API
There are 3 API methods available to manage your stored recordings:
If you wish to permanently store all of your recordings on your own server, with a few dozen lines of code you can easily script the following process in your environment using any modern programming language:
- Get a list of all stored recordings on your SecureVideo account using the GET /StoredRecording endpoint
- For each stored recording on your account, obtain a View URL for that recording using the GET /StoredRecordingView endpoint
- For each stored recording on your account, invoke an HTTP GET to download the stored recording referenced by the View URL
- For each stored recording on your account, once the recording has been successfully downloaded to your server, delete the recording using the DELETE /StoredRecording endpoint
Get a List of Stored Recordings
GET https://api.securevideo.com/StoredRecording (lists all recordings)
or GET https://api.securevideo.com/StoredRecording?startDt=2017-02-22 (lists all recordings started on or after Feb 22, 2017)
or GET https://api.securevideo.com/StoredRecording/12345?startDt=2017-02-22&endDt=2017-03-25 (lists all recording started between Feb 22 and Mar 25, 2017, owned by user 12345)
Gets a list of stored recordings that match any of the optional criteria passed in the query string. Possible criteria are:
- startDt (optional): use format yyyy-mm-dd
- endDt (optional): use format yyyy-mm-dd
The returned JSON will be StoredRecording JSON, as follows:
"HostUserFullName": "Dr. Jesse Tuggle",
"Status": "Recording Complete",
"Title": "Dr. Jesse Tuggle, Joe Client",
The meaning of the StoredRecording JSON is:
- CloudRecordingId is the SecureVideo unique identifier for the stored recording, and is used to view or delete the stored recording.
- HostUserId is the SecureVideo user ID of the owner of the stored recording.
- SessionId is the SecureVideo session ID of the session that generated the recording. SessionId will only be available for recordings which were generated from a Zoom video session. SessionId is not available for recordings which were generated from a user upload.
- HostUserFullName is the name of the owner of the stored recording.
- Status is the current status of the stored recording. For recordings made from a videoconference, the status will always be "Recording Complete"; for recordings made using our installed Cloud Recorder, which offers single or dual camera near-real-time recording/viewing, any of these status are possible:
- "Recording Complete": recording is full and complete
- "Processing Recording": recording session is complete, however the recording is still processing; and some portion may be available for viewing
- "Session In Process": recording session is still occurring; some portion of the video may be available for viewing
- "Ready to Record": recording session has been initiated, but record button has not yet been pressed
- CloudRecordingStatusTs is the timestamp of the current status
- RecordingStartTs is the timestamp (UTC) that the recording was started. If the recording has not yet been started (installed CloudRecorder product only), this will be null.
- MinutesRecorded is the number of minutes of recorded video, rounded up
- Title is the title given to the recording, which is editable in the UI. For a videoconference recording, the default Title will be the users in the session; for an installed cloud recording product, the default Title will be the device name and date/time that the recording was initiated.
- Description is blank by default, but can be edited in the UI
Get a View URL for a Stored Recording
GET https://api.securevideo.com/StoredRecordingView/1234 (where 1234 is the CloudRecordingId)
Retrieves a URL to view a stored recording. This URL will be valid for one hour from the time this API request is made.
This method can be used to retrieve a view URL for a stored recording made using our Zoom or One-Click video engine.
The returned JSON will be as follows:
We store our recordings in a highly customized HIPAA-compliant vault within Amazon S3. The ViewUrl property will be a link to an S3 URL created specifically for a view of this recording.
For most use cases, stored recordings are considered Protected Health Information. It is your responsibility to ensure that only authorized users are able to view the recording.
Delete a Stored Recording
DELETE https://api.securevideo.com/StoredRecording/1234 (where 1234 is the CloudRecordingId)
Deletes a stored recording with the ID specified in the URI.
On success, this request will return a 204 Status Code, indicating No Content.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on June 6, 2022.